Thursday, June 3, 2021

Jane Crow – The Designer I Want to Be When I Group Up

Fruit Garden Crochet-A-Long
Jane Crow is amazing.  I first saw an example of Jane’s design on the Deramores website for the Fruit Garden Crochet-A-Long in 2019.  I was stunned at the unique squares she designed and the beautiful afghan she created.  I downloaded the pattern and discovered that it wasn’t that hard.  Her instructions are clear and she provides lots of comments to help you along.  I did not purchase the yarn kit at the time because I foolishly thought I would be able to get it later and stitch it up when my schedule allowed.  I must devote the time needed to get all the yarn ordered and start on this one.  Although I have the technical skills to make this pattern, I'm still a bit afraid of it.  It is always good to be challenged on your projects.  


Persian Tiles Afghan 

 

She is also the genius behind the popular Persian Tiles afghan that I have seen all over the Internet over the past few months.  I've seen this afghan kit for sale at Mary Maxim and other online yarn companies.  There are several other color ways for this one available and it seems to be sold out quite often.  

 

I like this pattern but I prefer the William Morris-esq feel to the Fruit Garden pattern.  I am a big fan of William Morris designs in general.

Here are a couple of her other designs.  All of the picture are from her website and the patterns are available for purchase.  Enjoy!


Frida's Flowers Afghan
Magic Circle Afghan



No comments:

Post a Comment