Thursday, June 10, 2021

Tatsiana Kupryianchyk – Crochet Genius

Thanks to a random post on one of my Facebook groups, I have found an amazing crochet designer - Tatsiana Kupryianchyk. Her Ravelry store is full of patterns for beautiful sweaters, unique mandalas, afghans, pillows and even amigurumi. All the pictures in this post are from her Ravelry page. 

The post that I saw featured the Alma Sweater complete to the armhole splits. But the pattern that makes me drool is the Fjell Cardigan. She has 26 sweater and accessory patterns.  There are a few shawl patterns that really caught my eye, too.
Alma Sweater

Fjell Cardigan


If you love mandalas, she has 35 different patterns. All are beautiful and unique. My favorite is the Sakura Cabled Mandala. The texture on this one is made it stand out to me. It is shown as a pillow and the fact that is has pom-pom on the edge has no influence on my love of this pattern (and those who know me start to laugh).  Don’t skip the Squares and Pillows section with 26 patterns. Several of the squares have a mandala feel and all are quite lovely. 

Sakura Pillow

She has 11 blanket patterns and if you are looking for something different, check here first. I want to try the Coral Story pattern featuring crochet brioche. Several of her patterns feature the crochet brioche with stunning results. 

She runs a permanent sale on her Ravelry page where you get discounts when you buy multiple patterns. I will be buying the three patterns that I mentioned here but there are so many wonderful designs, I suspect I will be buying many more. I don’t get any kind of compensation for recommending a designer. I just write about what I love.  

I know there are people who don't like Ravelry.  Personally, I'm glad that there is a platform where talented, independent designers can share their work with a wide audience.  Especially when they are from other parts of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment