Thursday, June 17, 2021

Latest EBay Yarn Purchase

Newest Skein - Ignore the Started
Project (I Frogged It)
A few months back, I purchased a skein of Lana Grossa Twisted Cashmerino from WEBS.  It was a closeout sale with a price of $27.00 for a 150 g skein (900 meters), 90% merino and 10% cashmere, fine yarn (size 3 needles).  The original price was almost $60.00 so I couldn’t resist trying it at the “bargain” price.  Of course, I fell in love with it.  It has long color-ways in combinations that I would never put together.  It has great stitch definition and a lovely feel.  I managed to find another color way from a yarn store in Germany (yes, really).  I used that skein to make the Lana Grossa shawl below, complete with the ball tassel trim.  I love it and want more but where to find it?

I have a bad habit of buying clearance yarn, falling in love with it and not being able to get more.  Universal Handprints Fusion is another recent example.  I bought the yarn about 6 years ago from Tuesday Morning.  Finally stitched some up and the finished product is beautiful.  You would think I would learn.

 

My Fav Crochet Shawl from Lana Grossa
My old friend, EBay, to the rescue.  I have a saved search and check it every few days for new listings.  This yarn doesn’t get listed too often so it doesn’t take much time to look.  There was a skein listed a few months back, but the seller wanted $29.00 and I could not bring myself to pay more than I paid for the two new skeins.  So, I passed and waited (somewhat) patiently.  About 3 weeks ago, a skein was listed for only $9.99, buy it now.  It was the same colorway as the skein I had passed on a few weeks ago.  The colors are a little more muted that I would usually select (creamy white, light blue, light grey, medium grey and light tan)
but I think it will stitch up beautifully.  It took the USPS forever (almost 4 weeks) to deliver the package.  I am very tempted to make another one of favorite crochet shawl pattern from Lana Grossa.  Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment