Thursday, May 6, 2021

Knit n Purl - A Must-Do in Myrtle Beach, SC

 While in Myrtle Beach, SC last week, I visited the LYS, Knit n’ Purl.  It is a delightful shop, a must-visit if you are in the area.  While looking at all the beautiful yarns, I found a kit that came home with me. 

Picture from Kulabra Designs
This is the Pine Hill  wrap pattern by the very talented Natalia Moreeva.  Her Ravelry shop is closed but you can see her amazing patterns at her own site KULABRA DESIGNS.  The kit I purchased has light grey as the main color with all sorts of other lovely colors for the stripes. 

 

A finished wrap was on display so I could study it to see if I felt I was up to the challenge.  I always appreciate seeing finished samples of kits because it allows me to make a more informed decision.  If I had just seen this pattern, I probably would have passed, thinking it is too hard for me. 


There were several other lovely kits but I forced myself to choose only one.  It was a hard decision.



Knit n' Purl had a great assortment of tools, patterns, needles and buttons.  The yarn selection is top notch and had me wishing I could justify feeding my stash.  I did purchase a pair of Super Snip scissors and some safety pin style stitch markers for use with my very thin yarns.  

There is a great clearance room that is full of treasures.  I didn't find any yarns but I did purchase a pair of Knitter's Pride fixed circular needles for an amazing price.  There was also had a ton of free patterns and magazines to dig through.  I found a couple of old knitting magazines (perfect for beach reading) and some patterns to help me use up my stash.  

The staff was great.  They asked if they could help me when I arrived but after that, they let me browse in peace which I appreciated.  The shop has a welcoming atmosphere and I felt very comfortable.  They have a frequent shopper program which is always nice.  They also have an online store.  

Knit n Purl, 4811-B North Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577, www.knitnpurl.com, phone 843-945-9484.

No comments:

Post a Comment