Thursday, April 8, 2021

Comfort Crochet

I had a couple big kitting project fails recently (more about them in another post), so I decided it was time for a comfort crochet project.  What is comfort crochet?  Let me explain.

I have been crocheting since childhood, so it is much easier for me than knitting.  I’m fairly fast, can confidently read patterns and can figure out how to fix problems as I go.  That means that I rarely have a project that I end up hating after spending hours working on it.  I don’t get frustrated with crochet so the time I spend stitching is truly relaxing and restorative.  An added bonus is the boost to my confidence and confirmation that I actually can stitch!  None of this is true with my knitting yet (I know – time and practice).  A comfort crochet project is one that is smaller in scale, like a scarf or shawl, fairly simple to stich and uses up stash yarn. 

Comfort crochet project came up more often during 2020.  I made three different shawls during the year, one for my Mom and two for me.  When I needed a break from my Shibui Medley stole project, I would work up one of the shawl projects.  For all three projects, I used Lana Grossa patterns.  Here are pictures of the patterns and my version (all yarn was from  my stash).

Large Triangular Crochet Shawl
Luxury Shades, Lana Grossa




My Version With a Surprisingly Busy
Mystery Alpaca Yarn




Crochet Shawl, Shades Booklet, Lana Grossa

My Version, Unforgettable Yarn Polo


My Version, Universal Yarns
Handprints

Crochet Scarf
Luxury Shades, Lana Grossa




No comments:

Post a Comment