Monday, March 8, 2021

Stitching for Mental Health

 

Since COVID hit last year, I have been spending a lot more time knitting and crocheting.  Always having a project or two (three, four) kept boredom at bay during lockdowns.  More importantly, the rhythm of stitching and seeing fabric coming off my needles helped me deal the anxiety, sadness and other negative emotions that were part of everyday life in 2020.  I have read many articles saying creative crafting is good for your mental health.  Check out this article by The Kim Foundation.  It’s a very quick read and has links to a couple of other articles.

I also spent a good deal of time reading other peoples blogs or seeing their work on various Facebook/Instagram posts.  It made me realize I needed to get back to my own blog.  When I opened it up, I was horrified to discover that I had not posted anything since 2015!  Back then, I thought that my posts needed to be informative and very polished.  I no longer think that is true.  For me, the enjoyment is in learning new things, helping when I can and seeing other people’s accomplishments.  I don't care what the web pages look like.  I need to post more regularly and share my stitching journeys.  I'm working on my first update already.

No comments:

Post a Comment